Real innovation for automotive field
3D printing or additive manufacturing is a production process based on deposition of material layers to make three-dimensional objects.
This process is different from a more traditional one in which objects are produced by material removal from a starting block. Additive manufacturing is not suitable for mass production, indeed, 3D-printing is very competitive when it comes to produce prototypes in small batches or singles pieces for aesthetic and functional assessments or for making end-use parts.
A 3D-printing company or an additive manufacturing company is a production center that is specialised on this manufacturing process.
There are different 3D-printing technologies, classified according to layers printing process, and among these the most spread is FDM (Fused Deposition modeling) technology.
Some of the main benefits coming from a partnership with a 3D-printing company are:
- Design freedom: 3D-printing experts are able to produce any kind of geometry also the most complex one.
- More lightness : The FDM-technology materials are thermoplastics that can reduce the product weight, especially when it comes to metal replacement.
Further benefits come from FDM-technology materials, to find out more click here!
3D printing: useful applications for automotive field
3D-printing experts can provide you with:
- Pre-series molds: Design is key for automakers. Companies need many iterations of design (from 50 to 200 prototypes) before finding the perfect one. For example, let’s think about matrices, our experts can help you to test the best ones, saving time and costs.
- Customization: More and more customers choose a car as a means of expressing themselves. Our skilled experts can produce for your company custom parts for car interiors and exteriors: custom panels, compartments, dashboards, GPS, satellite navigation systems and more.
- Components for tests: Thanks to additive manufacturing services, automakers can do different kinds of tests, such as, for example functional tests: tests drive, engine tests, fit and form testing and more.
Spring srl: the best partner for your company
We work with the largest company in the world to provide the best 3D-printing solutions. To find out how your company can benefit from additive manufacturing please click here!